Nested between the current core sectors of the economy: Government, For-Profit Business and Non-Profit Organisations, the newly evolving 4th Sector is a space for business to be a force for change. It leverages both business and profit to benefit people and the planet.
We are in dire need of innovative solutions to ensure we rebuild our economy better than it was before COVID-19.
Our new WEAll Member, 4th Sector, believes that in order to Build Back Better, we must harness the power and potential of the 4th sector to address our most pressing challenges, ranging from quality healthcare for all, to unemployment, education, digital access, housing, poverty, structural inequality, climate change, and more!
With this in mind, 4th Sector has launched a way for you to get involved in the development of a new economy: the Building a Better Economy Policy Hackathon!
The Hackathon is designed to support governments to prioritise spending in service of the common good and spur the development of effective policy solutions that governments can deploy.
Over the next few weeks, 4th Sector, will be accepting new participants to ideate solutions that support a better economy – and thus, world.
There are a number of Policy Issue Areas, ranging from agriculture, to democracy, trade, transformation, and Youth. Check out the online platform, submit your policy and let’s move from ideas into action.
- A number of solutions for a better economy have already been submitted, including:
- Digital and connected technology to improve access to healthcare
- Shifting mainstream investment practices towards an impact-centered model
- Capacity building for careers in purpose-driven economy
- Land mobilisation and livelihood initiatives through Tribal Leadership
- Critical 21st-century digital literacy for all
- New Carbon Border Adjustment Mechanisms to achieve the targets of Zero emissions
- Investment into the creative economy to support artists
Join the 4th Sector community in the development of a better economy by signing up to participate in the ‘Building a Better Economy Policy Hackathon’.
For more information on 4th sector, visit their website or find them on Twitter and Linkedin.
The post Hacking our way to a Better Economy appeared first on Wellbeing Economy Alliance.